RE: [RPRWG] [Fwd: [802SEC] Discovery protocol PAR]

Mike,

Its good to see that they are also interested in discovery,
although they are probably less sensitive to latencies
of the discovery protocols.

I hadn't noticed any mention of cable-length information
in their discovery PAR. Does this mean they do not believe
it can be done, or that its not believed to be useful?

The distinction may be relevant, since 802.17 can more
easily determine cable transmission delays
(which nearly equates to cable-length knowledge).

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect
Network Processing Solutions