[RPRWG] Allocation of High Priority Bandwidth for RPR

After reflecting on Draft 3 that I have now finished reviewing, it has just occurred to me that as a user of RPR I have seen absolutely no guidance on how to determine the amount of High Priority (A0 and A1) traffic I can put on the ring.  How can I make use of having both the inner and outer ringlets available?  How can I capitalize on destination stripping to sell more high priority bandwidth?  Until I know how to answer these questions, I have no good basis for comparing the efficiency of RPR and SONET, or other technologies.  Is the answer buried somewhere in the text?  If not, is there general agreement that we need, if not additional algorithms to define how to limit A0 and A1 traffic to avoid overflows, and yet take advantage of the benefits of RPR, then at least some sort of application note (as an informative annex) that will provide both guidance and some general numbers that can be used to compare RPR with competing technologies?

I welcome your comments.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187