[RPRWG] [Fwd: [802SEC] 802all: Reservations Problem at Hyatt Regency Kauai for Nov 802 Plenary]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [802SEC] 802all: Reservations Problem at Hyatt Regency Kauai for Nov 802 Plenary
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:37:49 -0700
From: "Rigsbee, Everett O" <everett.o.rigsbee@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "802 ALL (E-mail)" <stds-802-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: "802 INFO (E-mail)" <802info@xxxxxxxx>

ATTENTION:  All IEEE 802 Attendees

Re:  Reservations Problem at Hyatt Regency Kauai for Nov 802 Plenary Meeting

An error has occurred in the processing of hotel reservations at the Hyatt
Regency Kauai.  The Hyatt Regency Kauai's standard policy is to charge a two
night's deposit for all room reservations. In the agreement between the
Hyatt Regency Kauai and the IEEE 802 group, this policy was amended to "one
night's deposit or major credit card guarantee".  In the initial surge of
room reservations from our group, the Hyatt Regency mistakenly charged a two
night's deposit to the credit card that was used to guarantee the room.

Upon bringing the two night's charge to the Hyatt Regency Kauai's attention,
the reservations department ran a complete list and found that all 802
reservations to date had indeed been charged the two night's deposit.  The
hotel has now gone back and issued credits to offset those erroneous
charges.  The master form that reservations is using for the IEEE 802
program has also been corrected to reflect a guarantee-only, and that no
credit cards should incur any charges prior to arrival.

If you have already reserved a room at the HR Kauai, please check with your
credit card company to make sure that if such a deposit charge was made,
that there is also a credit back for the full amount of the deposit charged
by the Hyatt Regency Kauai.  If you find that you were charged and that the
credit has not appeared on your account yet, please let us know immediately
by e-mailing us at  802info@xxxxxxxx  and we shall investigate further.

We apologize for this inconvenience.  We do attempt to provide better than
average deals with our meeting-site properties, but occasionally being
"non-standard" causes some confusions and leads to non-compliance problems,
as we have here.

PS: We have exactly the same arrangement with respect to deposits at the
Sheraton Kauai, so if you are booking there, your credit card should not be
charged there either.  If you should observe any future mistakes with regard
to this policy, please inform us ASAP.

Mahalo !!!  See you in Kauai !!!

Dawn Slykhouse
IEEE 802 LMSC Meetings
c/o Face To Face Events, Inc.
2699 Iversen Court
Santa Clara, CA  95051   USA
Phone:  (408) 241-8906
Fax:  (408) 241-8918
Email:  802info@xxxxxxxx

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
Seattle, WA  98124-2207
Ph:  (425) 865-2443
Fx:  (425) 865-6721
Email:  everett.o.rigsbee@xxxxxxxxxx

TO REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THIS LIST:
Send an email message with no subject to:

majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and put as the first 2 lines of the message the following:

unsubscribe  stds-802-all  <your-email-address>
end