Re: [RPRWG] Ethertypes for circuit emulation

Hi Vinay:

These refer to these two features:

- ability of transport of native and VLAN-tagged Ethernet frames over a
PSN (a PSN tunneled as a PWE3). Note that for bridging in these cases we
bind MAC addresses to tunnels on the PWE3 side for incoming packets.
- ability of a raw frame relay frame header (as is done with HDLC, PPP,
etc. without any frame relay header parameter suppression) to be
'tunneled' through a PSN. This issue is relevant when someone doesn't
want to terminate a frame relay at the endpoints of a PWE3 tunnel, but
would rather use use the PWE3 tunnel as a mechanism for interconnecting
two frame relay network through PSN in a transparent fashion.

The reason you don't see too many Ethertypes here (other than just the
raw frame relay) is because other cases are usually already covered in
existing Ethertypes (you can see a few of them in rfc1700).

Please let me know if you would want more details, and I can send you
more information off-line.

Regards,
Pankaj