Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [RPRWG] Re: Comments from Non-Members

Bob -

Your position on this is almost entirely consistent with long-established practice in 802. The only correction I would make is that the comments of non-voters are not *required to be* carried in a recirculation ballot. (By "carried in...etc" I take it you mean the requirement for the recirculation ballot package to include rejected comments along with agreed WG rebuttals). The WG is of course at liberty to circulate any comments from non-voters that they have rejected, with their reasons, as part of a recirculation. And given that non-voters have a nasty habit of showing up as future voters, this can often be a very smart move.

Regards,
Tony