[RPRWG] How much RPR delays should remain...

Bob,

Thanks to John and using his provided numbers (which are close
to the 25-50ms numbers of my faded memory):
>> I recall 28 ms being the magic number at which echo can first be
>> detected. Therefore I imagine that echo cancellation is turned
>> on for any path that exceeds 28 ms regularly or 30-35 ms with
>> less frequency.

And, assuming that RPR is responsible for 20% of the budget with
two (round trip) passes, that would give us about 3ms. That might
not the the correct budget, but the point is that we don't
get to consume the entire budget to ourselves (the speed of
fiber-light to Europe is unavoidable).

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct