Re[2]: [RPRWG] RPR multiring structures

Hello,

AG> If you do 802.1D/Q bridging on RPR as recommeded by
AG> P802.17, you lose the spatial reuse property of RPR,
AG> regardless of whether it's a single ring or multi-ring
AG> solution.  A bridge between RPR rings would operate the
AG> same way as a bridge between Ethernet or token ring
AG> segments.

Yes, I know that, but there is more contraindications - for instance:
what would happen during failure in structure created by 3 rings cooperating one
each other. Let suppose that rings have one point of contact ( I mean
that one node is bridge for two separate rings ), and failure object
is not a span between rings, but a specific node ( total damage of the
node - the node couldn't work at all ). In this situation one of the
rings is switched off structure. The only solution is to make more
points of contact ( 2 or 3 ).

--
Best regards,
 Krzysztof Duralek                     mailto:kduralek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx