RE: [RPRWG] RPR multiring structures

If you do 802.1D/Q bridging on RPR as recommeded by
P802.17, you lose the spatial reuse property of RPR,
regardless of whether it's a single ring or multi-ring
solution.  A bridge between RPR rings would operate the
same way as a bridge between Ethernet or token ring
segments.

When you have "too many" nodes on a single ring, you
could potentially run into situations where you have
a congestion point that constantly bounces around
because there are more nodes interacting with one
another.  This may be one of the reasons to create
smaller rings.  I am not aware of any studies that
recommend a certain maximum value for the number of
nodes on the ring, but that doesn't mean they don't
exist.  Quantifying the performance of the fairness
algorithm as the number of nodes on the ring is
increased is probably nteresting exercise.

-Anoop