From: Jiang zhou [mailto:zjiang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 12:01 AM
To: John Lemon; RPRWG (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [RPRWG] Question about B eir and C priority(My last mail have wrong text arrange)

Hi,John Lemon:

Thank your indicator. I have only find the difference in the chart and state
machine table. So I have this question.

But in Draft 2.2 I also can't understand the follow points:

1) When to subtract creditD?
When stage queue send a frame it subtract creditA,creditB,creditC
respectively.
But I don't find creditD is subtracted in the whole document.From the define
of
shapeD, it should subtract by all transmit bytes except A0.
When transmit a frame in STQ, does it need subtract creditD?
If so, creditD maybe less zero. Because transimt STQ frame don't check
passD.

2) The rate of shapeC is MAX_ALLOWED_RATE. It provide a burst over a short
time but over long time is allowedRate
The shapeD rate is unreseveredRate. In the Draft there is no define of
MAX_ALLOWED_RATE.
I think using a large hiLimitC to meet the burst for fairness eligible frame
is good chose than large rate.
It is like a single rate with two color shape in RFC2697. Set the burst size
in the second credit bulk or set a
large credit in single credit bulk.

Best Regards
Jiangzhou