From: owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of X.B.Zhou
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 2:59 PM
To: stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [RPRWG] One problem about addrate calculation algorithm in RPR

Dear all,

	Recently I have studied the algorithm of the addrate
calculation which was described in the draft2.1. The aginginterval
as a function of the link rate of the ringlet,is set as 100usec
under condition that the link rate is OC48. The calculaition result
of the lp_add_rate is shown in the accessories. One of the problems
is that the lp_add_rate is beyond 65536 which is the upper limit of
the 16-bit payload of the fairness frame. The next one puzzled me
is that the convergence time of the lp_add_rate is so slow(about
30ms).Could you give me some suggestion of it?

Best Regards,
XiaoBo Zhou, Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. E.E., Tsinghua Univ., Beijing 100084, P.R.CHINA
Phone: +86-10-6278-1409
2003-06-07