[RPRWG] One problem about addrate calculation algorithm in RPR

Dear all,

	Recently I have studied the algorithm of the addrate calculation which was described in the draft2.1. The aginginterval as a function of the link rate of the ringlet,is set as 100usec under condition that the link rate is OC48. The calculaition result of the lp_add_rate is shown in the accessories. One of the problems is that the lp_add_rate is beyond 65536 which is the upper limit of the 16-bit payload of the fairness frame. The next one puzzled me is that the convergence time of the lp_add_rate is so slow(about 30ms).Could you give me some suggestion of it?

Best Regards,
XiaoBo Zhou, Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. E.E., Tsinghua Univ., Beijing 100084, P.R.CHINA
Phone: +86-10-6278-1409
2003-06-07

lpAddRate.pdf