[RPRWG] IEEE 802.17 Sponsor Ballot Pool - Explanation

Many of you have received invitations to join the IEEE 802.17 Sponsor Ballot Pool.  The question has been raised as to why this invitation has been sent out when we are still in the midst of WG ballot.  I thought the question was a good one and that the answer should be posted on our reflector.  Here it is:

The process of conducting a Sponsor Ballot includes (1) formation of the ballot pool, and (2) having eligible balloters vote on a draft.

Step 1 takes a fair amount of time.  In order to not slow down the process of getting the Standard published, step 1 is normally initiated well in advance of the WG ballot passing.  Mike has begun the process of forming the Sponsor Ballot Pool so that it will be in place on the day that we are ready to go to LMSC ballot.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187