From: Fredrik Davik [mailto:bjornfd@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 2:19 AM
To: stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [RPRWG] Transmission of fairness frames

I am testing D2.5 in my simulator, and are getting into problems when
transmitting fairness frames.

The function TransmitFrame() on page 261 which transmits fairness
frames is unspecified.

I assume transmission of fairness frames goes via the stage queue
(from Q_TX_SS to Q_TX_STAGE). The stage queue selection state machine
does not have any rows handling frames of type FT_FAIRNESS, thus
fairness frames can't get from the stage queue and onto the ringlet,

I looked through the comment database and didn't find any comments on
this issue...

Im I missing something here or is there a flaw in D2.5?

Best Regards,
Fredrik
Fredrik Davik
                 Phone:       +47 67 82 83 88