[RPRWG] Draft 2.6 and its availability

From time to time (usually after one of the 802.17 draft update emails goes
out) I get a flurry of requests to "please send me the draft" (in some form
or another). The latest email on the availability of D2.6 is no different
(except that perhaps the volume of requests has picked up).

This email is to serve as a reminder that it is not within my power to
comply with those requests. By rule of the IEEE, drafts are only available
working group members. These are individuals who attend our various meetings
throughout the year. The Chairman's overview presentation given during the
opening plenary session at each of these meetings, contains the location and
access information for the members-only website  where the drafts are
posted/archived.

I hope this clarifies my role (hey, I just post stuff!) and the rule of the
IEEE on this matter.

Best regards,

John Hawkins
802.17 Webmaster