Re: [RPRWG] Question on State Table 9.13, Receive Fairness Frame

John,

When there is no congestion on the ring, I think any sendC value less
than the number of nodes on the ring does affect the client
(#nodes <= MAZ_STATIONS).

The issue is, as I see it, that there are two different
shapers/policing signals used for generating the sendC signal.

If the hop count is incorrect, credits will be decremented from the
incorrect shaper and the bytes when added to the ringlet will be
counted in the incorrect byte counter.

If the sendC signal is set to the previous hop count value while there
is no downstream congestion, the clients tranmission past the
congestion point (that do longer exist), will be limited by the
allowedRateCongested setting and not the allowedRate setting.

Also note the last sentence in section

9.1.3.14 Computing the hopsToCongestion
The hopsToCongestion is assigned the value MAX_STATIONS when the local
station does not lie within a congestion domain.

-Fredrik