Re: [RPRWG] From the Vice Chair

Dear Bob,

First let me thank you for the hard work and guidance you have
provided the group since its inception as a study group
and your work as Chair of the RPR Alliance which was
significant in creating industry buzz around our technology.

Best of Luck in your future activities.

Dear RPRWGers,

 From a process perspective we need to hold an election
for a new vice-chair in Albuquerque. This will take
place at our closing plenary session. The closing
plenary will either be on wednesday afternoon or thursday
morning depending on how comment resolution goes on
802.17 Draft 2.7 and 802.17a.

I would appreciate that anyone interested in the position
reply to the reflector with their intention to stand for
the role. While the following list is not necessarily all
of the tasks of the Vice Chair, it represents the minimum
commitment.

Vice-Chair role:
1) Represent the working group in the event of the chair
not being able to. This means the vice chair MUST be prepared
to stay all day friday of plenary weeks to attend the
SEC closing meeting.
2) Work with the chair on the new financial requirements
the WG has to perform. The vice chair will have signature
authority on the 802.17 bank account.
3) Insure meeting minutes are correct and delivered expediantly.

The selected candidate will have to stand for re-election
(as will the chair) in March 2004.

Please be advised as well that due to the kerfuffle over
802.20, the SEC will review the qualification of the
vice chair at the friday closing meeting and vote on
confirmation.

cheers,

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@xxxxxxxxx
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems