From: Robert D. Love [mailto:rdlove@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 8:22 AM
To: 802.17
Subject: [RPRWG] From the Vice Chair

Dear 802.17 Resilient Packet Ring Working Group,

I thank you for the opportunity to be the Vice Chair of the RPR 802.17 Working Group.  We have almost completed our Working Group ballot, and 802.17 will be moving onto new extensions of this exciting technology.  With this phase of our project almost done, now is a good time for evaluating where our future efforts are best applied.  I have therefore decided that this is the right time for me to move on to other opportunities.  Consequently, I have advised Mike Takefman that I am resigning as your Vice Chair.

RPR continues to have the potential for dramatically impacting the Telecom industry.  I look forward to the early progression of the standard draft to Sponsor ballot, and to the acceptance of the standard and of the underlying technology in the market.

I have enjoyed working with you, and hope to have other opportunities to do so again in the near future.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle       Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773    Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx    Fax: 208 978-1187