[RPRWG] Albuquerque

RPRWGers,

We are now less than 1 week away from our Albuquerque Plenary
meeting and the D2.7 recirculation is 1/2 done. I wanted to
remind people of some discussions that had taken place
during the last 3 Interim Meetings.

Recirc Ballot D2.7
------------------
Due to the tight schedule with regard to recirculation
ballots, the current one ends on wednesday morning.
We are requesting all commenters to try as hard as
they can to get in their comments by sunday night
so we can start looking at them on tuesday morning.

We will take up comments that arrive after monday
morning (or whenever tom does the collation of
ballots) on wednesday afternoon. So if you don't want
wednesday to be a REAL LATE night - get reading now.

Sponsor Ballot
--------------
The concensus on the quality of the draft is that it is
ready for sponsor short of a real showstopper being found
this round. That is not to say it is perfect, we continue
to have "editorial style" cleanup to do, and some improvements
to tables and language to make sure the concepts are clear.

The concensus was that we want to start sponsor ballot coming
out of the Albuquerque meeting and I wanted to go over the
process issues involved.

1) Requesting SEC approval for sponsor ballot start requires
- no changes to the draft in November
- no binding comments that are rejected
    note: if a TB is rejected but the commentor agrees it is no longer
    considered a TB comment.
- non binding comments CAN be rejected
If we meet the above criteria - we can move to forward D2.7
to sponsor ballot.

2) Requesting SEC pre-approval for sponsor ballot start requires
- no changes to the draft in November
- rejected binding comments where the commentor does not agree
- non binding comments can be rejected

In this case, a recirculation ballot is required to allow people
who have approved the draft to change their vote to disapprove based
on the rejected comments.

If no-one changes their vote to disapprove, then we do an SEC email
ballot to start sponsor (since we've been pre-approved).

3) Changes made to the draft force us to delay sponsor until
after March 04.

I have been asked by people whether they should submit comments or
hold them until Sponsor.

Clearly, if someone finds an issue that they believe should stop us
from starting sponsor ballot they MUST submit a comment.

If the commenter does not believe that we should hold sponsor based on
their comment, they have 2 choices.
a) Hold the comment for sponsor.
b) Submit the comment so that it can be discussed during november,
recognizing that the WG may choose not to implement the comment
now, but wanting to get the issue out in front of people.

Summary
--------
Comments that are rejected in November can be resubmitted
during Sponsor Ballot and any comments from non-sponsor pool
members will be submitted by the chair. BUT, we can still
resolve the comments in November such that we KNOW what
changes we would do in January. In other words, we can
get a head start on resolving the comments and all
commenters are encouraged to submit all comments this round.

cheers,

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@xxxxxxxxx
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems