[RPRWG] GSM Netowrk Setup over RPR Transport

Dear All..
  Let me introduce myself to you guys, I am from Satcomm Broadband
Communications (Pvt.) Ltd. in Karachi, Pakistan. Karachi happens to be the
sixth largest city of the world, and one of the most populous too.
  We have our 60 Km Fiber CORE network (36-core G.652) all around the city,
covering the most of the city, the core netowrk is attached to 9 Subtending
rings each comprised of approximately 40 Km (36-core G.652) Cable. In this way
we cover nearly the 80% of the city.
  We are setting up a HFC Cable MSO service in Karachi, providing Analog and
Digital CATV Services, DOCSIS2.0 Internet Services, Voice Over Cable Services,
FTTH and DOCSIS2.0 Transparent LAN Switching Services and Infrastructure
services for City Govt and Other agencies including Law enforcements.
  We have more than 30 Cores of DARK FIBER existing on our CORE RING, which we
plan to lease out to ISP, TELCOs and Mobile Communication Service Providers.
  We are using C-COR Equipment for CATV Transmission, and CISCO Equipment at
the Data Center.
  The service wil be distributed by 9 HUB SITES wchih will be connected to the
centralized HeadEnd.
   We are using LUMINOUS E520 for IP transport, to connect our CMTS in each HUB
SITE. E520 is PACKETWAVE RPR Technology. the interfaces avialable at E520 is
8x10/100BaseT, GBIC, 21xE1, 24xT1.

http://www.luminous.com/page.asp?page=/sub/products/packetwave_e500.html

  I need to know if we can add GSM BTS on our network using the same transport
equipment, BTS will be connected using FIBER Optics. We can use our HeadEnd's
DataCentre as the Interface to the PDSN. I can add 255 nodes of transport
equipment on my network, meaning around 240 BTS can be installed leaving 15
nodes for our basic operations of HFC network.
   Can anyone help me in this regard, i want to know, how many E1s do we need
to connect each GSM BTS??? and what interfaces do we require at the Headend for
connecting the BSC to the BTS ans MS to the PSTN???
   Also we using cisco 7204VXR router at the headend... kindly suggect if this
is a good idea to upgrade it to GGSN capability????? or do you suggest us to go
with a NORTEL SHASTA???

   Awaiting your kind replies..

   Regards
   Osman Nasir