Subject: [802SEC] 802.3 PARs for March consideration
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:17:34 -0800
From: "Grow, Bob" <bob.grow@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <stds-802-sec@xxxxxxxx>

In accordance with LMSC P&P Procedure 2, I am informing you of two IEEE
802.3 PARs for consideration in March.  Both PARs are amendments to IEEE
Std 802.3.

The proposed 802.3ap project will specify Ethernet operation over
backplanes (Backplane Ethernet).  The PAR with its supporting
documentation can be found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bladesg/index.html

The proposed 802.3aq project will specify 10 Gigabit Ethernet serial
optics for installed FDDI Grade Multimode Fiber.  The PAR with its
supporting documentation can be found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GMMFSG/index.html

Bob Grow

Chair, IEEE 802.3

--
Michael Takefman              tak@xxxxxxxxx
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems