Subject: [802SEC] New PAR for July consideration
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:35:04 -0700
From: "Grow, Bob" <bob.grow@INTEL.COM>
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org

Colleagues:

IEEE 802.1 has requested the IEEE 802.3 initiate work in support of two
of its approved PARs, P802.3ad Provider Bridging and P802.3AE MACSec.
This request is to expand the Ethernet maximum frame size to allow
addition of header (and possibly trailer) fields to the existing 802.3
frame payload.  This was the subject of a joint technical plenary
meeting in March, and will also be the subject of an Ad Hoc meeting
during July.

In support of this request, a PAR and Five Criteria have been drafted
for approval by IEEE 802.3 and the EC at the July meeting.  To minimize
unnecessary delay of this project, I request that your Working Groups
consider this PAR during the July meeting.  As customary, I will provide
all relevant status on the proposed project at the closing EC meeting.

The P802.3ar draft PAR and Five Criteria can be found at:

_http://www.ieee802.org/3/frame_study/802.3ar_draft_PAR_5_criteria.pdf_

Bob Grow
Chair, IEEE 802.3

---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email
reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.

--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems