[RPRWG] Preparation for new week's meeting

Next week we will be furthering the work on 802.17b, and we will be furthering work on our maintenance requests. Please be prepared for both.

The main part of preparing for the work on 802.17b is o make sure that you are familiar with the proposals presented at the previous meetings, especially the last meeting (http://www.ieee802.org/17/documents/presentations/mar2005/index.htm) and to review the draft that the editor is preparing, and will post shortly.

The main action you need to take for preparing for the maintenance task group is reviewing all the MRs not yet dealt with or incompletely dealt with. You should look at the Reported Problem and see if you agree that it is an error in the standard. You should look at the Proposed Remedy and see if you agree or if you believe another remedy would be better. For those that are marked as needing more thought on whether the fall on one side or the other the line dividing errors and enhancements, please with your opinion of where they lie.

To facilitate this, in addition to the MRs themselves, and the previous status summaries, I have prepared two copies of the entire database of MRs. If you go to http://www.ieee802.org/17/maintenance/index.htm#status_reports you see that I have added a new subentry with two entries. They both contain the same information, with one presenting it for online review in HTML format and other presenting it for offline review in Excel format. I hope that this meets the requests I had at the last meeting and this proves useful to you. Any suggestions for improvement continue to be welcome.

John Lemon
P802.17 Vice Chair
P802.17 Maintenance Task Group Chair