Re: [RPRWG] ConservativeRate SM questions

Guoliang,

Please see below.

Thanks.

Necdet

Guoliang Wu wrote:
> Hello RPR experts:
>
> I have some questions regarding the conservative rate adjust State Machine
> from the released RPR standard (802.17-2004.pdf, Table 10.9, pages 258 -
> 259).
>
> 1. Row 5: the condition is
>     localFairRate/localWeight >= unreservedRate[myRi] - rampUpCoef.

This is a typo. - rampUpCoef should not be there. I.e., it should be just:
localFairRate/localWeight >= unreservedRate[myRi]

>   It seems having some typo in the right side, because unreservedRate is
> in bytes and
>    rampUpCoef is a pure number.
> 2.  Row 5 and Row 16: the allowedRate is calculated twice in the
>      two states, first in Row 5 as
>       allowedRate += (maxAllowedRate - allowedRate) / rampUpCoef;
>   then after transiting from CGST state to FINAL state,
>         allowedRate = Min(unreservedRate[myRi], localFairRate);
You are right, the calculation in row 5:

allowedRate += (maxAllowedRate - allowedRate) / rampUpCoef;

is not needed (and overwritten later) as allowedRate has to be set to
normalized localFairRate in conservative mode of operation.