RE: IEEE 802.19 Agenda for January

Hello Steve,

I have been attending 802.19 as a second priority to 802.11 TGn in order
to keep the TGn coexistence issues and requirements (FRCC) under scrutiny by 802.19.
I have copied this reflector with TGn FRCC meeting anouncements and document
anouncements.

The first order of work for TGn FRCC will be to complete the consideration
of the comparison criteria - of which there are about 80.   Some of these relate
explicitly to coexistence.

While we probably have a good handle on 802.11 - 802.11 coexistence issues
in our comparison criteria,  there is nothing explicitly to address the coexistence
of heterogenous systems.

I am open to proposals as to how to work at this session to address this
shortcoming.  However,  I expect that 802.19 needs to address its internal
issues as a priority at this meeting.

However, if the FRCC does not complete its work at the next session,  it may be
worth discussing with you how 802.19 and FRCC can interact to take 802.19
input up to the following session.

Having said that,  I think the most likely engagement we will have is post the
TGn selection process where 802.19 defines coexistence issues to be considered,
evaluated and documented by 802.11n.

Comments?

Best Regards,

Adrian