From: Rainer Hach [mailto:R.Hach@nanotron.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:33 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve; Sheung Li
Cc: pat.kinney@ieee.org; stds-802-19@ieee.org;
Joseph.Levy@interdigital.com; Kyung-Kuk Lee
Subject: RE: CA analysis between CSS and 11g

Steve, Sheung,
Coming back to the question for a BER equation for 11g I wonder whether
the following would make sense:
Identify the modulation and code rate for the data rate in question (e.g
16QAM, R=1/2 for 24Mbit/s),
calculate the partial BER (for on subcarrier) by using the textbook
equation and reasonable coding gain for a convolutional code with k=7
and finally
calculate the BER by assuming the 53 subcarriers to transport
independent bit streams.
Would this approach be acceptable?
Best regards,
Rainer