From: ext Stanislav Filin [mailto:sfilin@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:02 AM
To: STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.19] FW: [802SEC] P1900.7 PAR: MAC and PHY Radio
Specification

Dear Steve and All,

Definitely, we discussed in WS Radio group whether P802.19.1 has similar

scope with P1900.7 or not. Our conclusion was that it is not due to the
following reasons:
1. P1900.7 is going to develop PHY and MAC for WS radio system, but
P802.19.1 does not develop any new PHY and MAC.
2. P1900.7 PAR does not mention about coexistence.
So, we did not have any rationale to indicate P802.19.1 as a project
with similar scope. Rather I see P802.19.1 and P1900.7 as complimentary
to each other.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Best regards, Stanislav Filin.

Shellhammer, Steve wrote:

> All,
>

>                 If 802.19 would like to put together comments on the
> PAR, Paul Nikolich informs me that we can provide them to Jon Rosdahl
> and Jon can provide them to the NesCom committee.
>

>                 Is there a volunteer to draft a short comment
> regarding adding P802.19.1 as a related project?  Tuncer is this
> something you could do?
>

> Steve

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/scc41/adhoc-wsr/contrib/scc41-ws-radio-10
-0029-10.pdf

<mailto:STDS-802-SEC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [802SEC] P1900.7 PAR: MAC and PHY Radio Specification
>
> FYI: The text of the 1900.7 PAR is available by

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/scc41/adhoc-wsr/contrib/scc41-ws-radio-10
> -0029-10.pdf

<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/scc41/adhoc-wsr/contrib/scc41-ws-radio-1
0%0d%0a-0029-10.pdf>