From: Joseph Cleveland [mailto:JClevela@sta.samsung.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 5:02 PM
To: 'YUZA Masaaki'; Mcginniss, Dave S [GMG]; stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org
Subject: RE: stds-80220-requirements: Functional Requirements Rev 3 availa ble in Drop Box

Yuza, Dave and All:

I agree with Yuza that the usefulness of link budgets in the functional requirements is questionable.  Instead, I suggest a useful place is in evaluation criteria and/or in channel model descriptions.

The functional requirements should reflect performance under different propagation conditions (multipath, mobility & doppler, interference, etc.).  The link budget reflects implementation for specific RF designs.

Joseph Cleveland