RE: stds-80220-requirements: Max Tolerable Delay Spread, 4.2.3

Marianna, I do not wish to imply that there should not be numbers in the
requirements document.  I believe that we have a fine line to walk in
evaluating each of the proposed requirements to make sure that
(a) It is a requirement on the PHY or MAC layer, and not an upper layer
requirement,   and
(b) It is a primary requirement for a system which will lead to a successful
standard and successful products, as opposed to a secondary requirement
derived from some primary requirement but directed toward a specific
implementation.
or (c) the requirement is necessary for interoperability.

Note that requirements that really belong to the upper layers may be
translated into requirements for capabilities at the MAC or PHY layers to
support those upper layer capabilities.  An example might be  a special
address in the frame format that is required by the upper layers to execute
a required feature.

I believe that a list of requirements document that adheres to these
guidelines will have significant quantitative specifications to be used for
evaluating the various choices.

Best regards.

Robert D. Love
rdlove@ieee.org