RE: [Fwd: stds-80220-requirements: Proposal for Section 4.1.1 MBWAQoS]

Branislav,

The MF classifier model should not and will not prevent encapsulating
and compressing packets between the mobile and nodes upstream of the
BS.  If an encapsulated or compressed packet cannot be fingerprinted by
the MF classifier, it will simply be dropped into a default forwarding
behavior priority queue. As such, I am still of the opinion that MF
classifiers must be a part of the this standard.  One example for this
necessity is enabling the prioritization of certain applications, such
as VoIP.

In adition, the system should support the ability to apply both varying
degrees of adaptive coding and ARQ to a forwarding behavior.  The
rational is that certain applications need better RF link reliability
characteristics or the overall performance of the application is
negatively impacted.

Please review attached.

Thanks,
Jim Landon

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 20:04, Branislav Meandzija wrote:

> .20 should not prevent encapsulating and compressing packets between
the mobile and nodes upstream of the BS (e.g. TCP/IP header compression
or PPP compression in 3GPP2). Therefore MF classifiers, especially if
extended to fields beyond TCP/IP, should be optional. I made the small
edit in Jim's write-up to reflect that.

> Branislav

Requirements_QOS_07.30.05.doc