RE: stds-80220-requirements: FW: 802.20 Requirements - Repeaters

1) Rex,

In the case of the repeater contribution it is assumed that these are
all terrestrial based repeaters.  Supporting satellites in the AI has a
substance impact on other parts of the document i.e. System
Architecture, RT delay times and HO's.

2) Marianna,

The proposal does not specify how the repeater is connected to the
network, i.e. analog retransmission of the signal, fiber optics,  or as
you suggest,  the use of stand alone access points.

On similar subject, there is a recent contribution for section 3.1 that
enables the use of a mesh network solution along with a requirement that
the standard must support macro, micro and pico cells.

John J. Humbert
6220 Sprint Parkway
Mailstop KSOPHD0504 - 5D276
Overland Park, KS 66251-6118