From: Jin-Weon Chang [mailto:jwchang1@samsung.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 4:02 AM
To: Humbert, John J [NTWK SVCS]; stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org
Subject: stds-80220-requirements: A new requirement item: measurement

Dear Mr. Humbert and all,

I would like to submit a new requirement item before the mentioned deadline.
I think we need to add this requirement of measurement functionality
in the clause 4.2 PHY/RF.
Please find the following proposed texts and rationale.

Best regards,
Jin

- Proposed texts:
4.2.6 Measurements

The system shall support the functionality of measurements in the physical layer of
both the network and the mobile terminal sides. The physical layer provides a set of
measurement capabilities that include different types, for instance, such as
intra-frequency, inter-frequencey, inter-system, quality measurements, etc.

- Rationale: A requirement of measurement functionality for the physical layer is
  necessary to support radio resource management, intra/inter-frequency/inter-system handoff, etc.