RE: stds-80220-requirements: RE: A new requirement item: measurement

Hi John and all,

Based on my understanding, section 4.2 describes the requirements for PHY/RF
functionality of the 802.20 standard. Sub-section 4.2.2 states that the AI
shall support link adaptation and power control, while sub-section 4.2.3
states that the system is expected to work in the various time-varying
channels. Thus, some of the physical layer parameters based on real-time
channel measurements would have to be provided to the upper layers such as
the MAC, to accomplish the requirements in sub-sections 4.2.2 and 4.2.3.

Furthermore, as Jin has stated in his rationale in the original proposal,
these measurements are also necessary to support intra- or inter-system
handoffs.

So the inclusion of section 4.2.6 on measurements would not duplicate the
OA&M section, because they have different purposes. However, in the actual
implementation, it could be possible for the information in section 4.2.6 to
be used for the purpose of OA&M.

Best regards,
Anna.