De : Peretz Feder [mailto:pfeder@LUCENT.COM]
Envoyé : lundi 19 septembre 2005 06:40
À : STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Objet : [802.21] We MUST improve the use and readability of the new commentary tool

Dear 802.21 members:

As I can't make this upcoming meeting in Cal, I have been trying to catch up
with your contributions through the commentary file.

In contrast to the 802.16 commentary methodology, many of your comments are hard
to decipher and probably stem from the first attempt to use this commentary tool.

Please try to use commentary as a specific replacement tool to exiting text or
as a mechanism for adding text to various sections within the draft. Many of the
comments I list below are impossible to follow and miss to communicate the
message. Please try to follow the format I used for comments 147-159. Please
specify exactly the section(s), page(s) and lines effected. Please strike out
(in red like Ronny did) the removed text and add in (Red) the differential new text.

Also my tool reads many empty comments (listed below). I wonder if it is an
exporting issue when trying to combine.

Eric: What is comment 9? what section?
[[MP]] The page number is wrong this is on Section 3 page 6 line # 9 (ie...)  Eric Comments 8, 10, 11, 12, 13: have no remedy, these are only open statements
[[MP]] Yes that's because we don't have any... These comments are just aimed to raise open issues to be discussed by the group...  Eric comment 14: are you referring to Network Selection? Please specify original text
[[MP]] Yes this is about Network Selection.  Eric comment 15: what is the original text you are referring to?
[[MP]] Please the enclosed .USR file.  Eric comment 18: and 19? what is the remedy?
[[MP]] These comments are just aimed to raise open issues to be discussed by the group...  Eric comment 21: too open ended
[[MP]] These comments are just aimed to raise open issues to be discussed by the group...    Eric: comment 22: what should be taken out?
[[MP]] Wrong page number. Fixed. Fig 2 on page 15 has to be taken out (this figure provides an infrastructure model...)

Eric comment 23, 24: "This" this what?
[[MP]] This = L3MP. Fixed.  Eric comment 25: what is not true? please list the original text you are objection to
[[MP]] For this one we provided the original and proposed text:
Original Text: The Media Independent Event service supports local events as well as remote events if the remote node(s)
is of the same media type.
Proposed Text: The Media Independent Event service supports local events as well as remote events regardless
of the remote nodes' media type. If the two endpoint are of the same media type, they can use an L2 transport
to exchange events;  if the two endpoints are of different media types, they have to use L3 transport.
Eric comment 28, 30: It will be better to show the original text, strike out the unwanted section and retype the new text instead
[[MP]] Fixed.  Eric comment 31: Replace what?
[[MP]]  "L3MP" Eric comment 32, 34, 35, 47, 58, 59, 72, 74, 75: - empty comments as read by my commentary tool
[[MP]] Yes they are empty comments. In fact we deleted them but we didn't want to mess with comment number reordering. Fixed.  Eric comment 37,38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 57, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 69, 70, 71: all open ended, w/o remedy or proposed changes
[[MP]]   (again) Yes that's because we don't have any... These comments are just aimed to raise open issues to be discussed by the group...  Eric comment 45, 46, 54: Remedy = original text? I don't see your point here
[[MP]] No we don't have any remedy for this. The original text was just aimed to locate the sentence.
Eric comment 56: Are you referring to one of the tables?
[[MP]] Yes, we are reffering to Table 4. Indeed we filled the "Fig/Table#" with "4".
Eric comment 65, 66: Which table?
[[MP]] Wrong page number. Fixed. The table has no number. This is the only table of page 76.  Eric comment 67, 73: Specific remedy?
[[MP]]  No remedy for now.
Eric comment 76, 77: no remedy
[[MP]]  The remedies are in the .doc we mention in the Recommendation boxes. They must be on the .21 website.

Subir comment 78: Remedy = 6.3.1? Need to be more specific show old and new text please Subir comment 79: no remedy Subir comment 80: empty comment Subir comment 81: Remedy = 8.3.1? Wolfgand comment 82, 83: empty comment Vivek comment 85: Are you suggesting replacing the entire section? Vivek comment 92: Delete lines 22-43 in what page, what text to delete? Vivek comment 92: Which table? which section? what pages? Vivek 93: Delete Annex D? why? what reason? what about all the valuable 3GPP and 3GPP2 events? why delete? what replaces it? Vivek 94: what page? section? What is the remedy? table 5? where is table 5? Vivek comments 95, 96: remedy is 5.5.4? Why are we removing MIH_MGMT_SAP? Vivek comment 97: remedy is 7? what is 7? Ronny comment 100: Remedy = 5.1.9? Ronny comment 109; empty comment as read by my commentary tool Jin Lee comment 116: empty comment Yoshihiro comment 120: Why remove table 6? Yoshihiro comment 122: why remove figure 22? Yoshihiro comment 123: why remove table 7? Yoshihiro comment 129, 130: Why remove annex C.2, C.3, C.4? Yoshihiro comment 133: empty comment Srinivas comment 134: why remove section 7.2.13 and 7.2.14? Srinivas comments 135, 136, 136: What is the next text? Srinivas comment 138; Why remove 7.2.16, 7.2.16, 7.2.17? Srinivas comment 139: Solve what? what is the proposed text change? Srinivas comments 140, 141: What is the proposed new text? Srinivas comment 142: what page? what is the new proposed text? Srinivas comment 143, 144: What page? what old text being changed? what is new text? Srinivas comment 145: Must be changed to allow also MIHF in network to access info. Ok what is the proposed new text? Srinivas comment 145: empty comment Qiaobing comment 161: empty comment Benjamin comment 163, 164: Insert in 6.2.2 and 6.3.3. where in relation to existing text? Benjamin comment 165: What page? what section (my commentary tool reads section 25???) Benjamin comment 166: empty comment Peretz Feder

D00-02_MasterFile Copy_FTfix.USR