From: Peretz Feder [mailto:pfeder@lucent.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:21 PM
To: Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1
Cc: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802.21] 802.21: Scope

Parkash:

The answer is mixed. Yes R3MM (inter ASN) is within NWG scope indeed. However, triggers and information from MIH could be part of the MM decision process. It will not heart to have the MM receive MIH info if such available. Could MM execute R3 mobility w/o MIH info or triggers, yes. Could MIH help MM, also yes.

Ajoy: Having said the above, WiMAX NWG will address inter technology HO in release 2. It may be more practical to deal with MIH during that period (mid 2006).

Peretz Feder