Re: [802.21] [DNA] Prefix information for link identification in DNA

On 9/30/2005 11:14 AM, Stefano M. Faccin wrote:

>Peretz, nobody denies that. The issue here is that what you have been saying doe not allow for deployments that do not use any MIH services at L2.

I am ok for MIH attaching at L3 when L2 is not available. But I don't
want to eliminate L2 PoA as the 1st PoA if one can be provided.

>Even if you may not believe these deployments will happen, there are vendors and operators that do believe that their networks will only use MIH services at L3, at least for the initial deployments.

I can't deny such vendor's option if it starts with L3 only. I want such
vendor to realize however that a more optimal performance can be
achieved when MIH L2 PoA is implemented  as well.

>Thjerefore our model and definitions must allow for this. In this model, there is no MIH @ L2, and the PoA is in the subnet where the UE gets its IP address.

See Andrea's and Phil's proposal.