From: Peretz Feder [mailto:pfeder@LUCENT.COM]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 1:28 PM
To: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802.21] [DNA] Prefix information for link identification in DNA

Mike:

"If you took your definitions as they are, then the layer 3 link coming up would not allow TCP or UDP to flow - you'd still have to wait for IP address assignment - and that sounds wrong to me."

Wrong from the point of exchanging MIH events between potential target and UE?
What if the target indicating via PHY/MAC/MIH that is is a good candidate? Would you suggest to attach to it first and then find out its link attributes?

Peretz