RE: [802.21] FW: [Mipshop] new charter

The reason why ES and CS are mentioned in the charter, and please note they are listed under the "we may address them" is that 802.21 has not made any decision in either directions. There are parties in 802.21 that are very interested in ES and CS @ L3. If the interest does not progress, there would be no contributions on ES/CS to MIPSHOP, in which case there would be no work on ES/CS in MIPSHOP. On the other hand, if the charter does not leave the door open for ES and CS, for sure there are no chances of getting any work done on ES and CS.

Again, the issue is timing. MIPSHOP is ready to become a nest for 802.21-related work now. If we miss the train this time, we may have missed the train for a long time.

Stefano