RE: [802.21] AW: [802.21] Telecon on source/destination Ids within different primitives

HI Kalyan,
I completely agree with the inconsistencies in the sections you pointed out. This must be fixed by the end of internal ballot process. The current dialogue to arrive at some common solution.

Regards,
Srini

Srini> minor correction here. We agreed the MIH discovery for L3 is done by the xport itself while for L2 it is the MIHF. My contention is that it cannot be mIH user since it would be counter-intuitive for each MIH user to create their own MIH peers. Both the decision and the origination is at MIH.

>>2. MIH peer information is not made available(as per current
>mechanisms) to the
>>   upper or lower layers of MIH.
>
>Do you mean here the information embedded in remote
>communication between MIHF peers?

Srini> I meant the MIH header information, we provide all the payload information that is supported by the primitive.

>>5. In this regard, the upper and lower layers only need to
>mention local or
>>   remote scope in the SAP definition and the MIH will make
>routing decisions
>>   about the destination for remote communication.
>
>Same as point 1, will upper or lower layer need to know
>whether the info is local or remote? Or the decision will be
>taken place at MIHF?
Srini> this is the tricky part and I have to correct my statement with "MAY". Knowing that MIH event registrations terminate at MIH layer and there are no remote link events. Clearly when a link event is generated you cannot tell that it is remote in scope. Only the MIH knows who has registered for it and where the peer is. For commands, OTH, there are no registrations so the MIH user MAY tell if it is local or remote and the implementation at MIH could validate it and act accordingly.

>>6. I take the same position with regards to the transport
>option (l2 or
>>l3)  as well. The decision is upto MIH (this change was
>approved in Kona meeting).
>
>Sorry, I didn't get your point here. Could you please elaborate this?

Srini> In v4 there was a transport parameter in the primitives starting from 7.4.10. I requested to remove it in the F2F meeting.

>By the way one IMPORTANT question to be clarified with this
>aspect, who will decide over which interface or using which
>protocol local MIHF has to communicate with peer MIHF? Is it
>the local MIHF or the MIHF user? This point clarifies most of
>the doubts coming up.

Srini> my proposal is keep MIH-users/l2 out of it. MIHF knows all the available transports and will choose.