Re: [802.21] Minutes: Ad-hoc on IE discussion for Higher Layers (02/14)

Catching up with a related thread. First off, sorry for missing this call.

1. Discussed IP address config method supported IE proposal

  a.. [Kalyan] How the IP address config method supported is defined, we need more details about its definition.
  b.. [Qiaobing] I believe that more details about its definition can be found in the Commentary submission at the Hawaii meeting by Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park).
  c.. [Srini] This information is already available to the MM protocol (such as MIP). There is no need for this IE.
  d.. [Qiaobing] Since Daniel is the one who originally proposed this IE, he may be able to tell us more about its use cases, i.e., under what circumstances this IE will be used.
  e.. [??] Should take into consideration of multiple MM protocols.
Regarding Kalyan, if we need further address configuration methods proposed by somebody,
that can be expanded easily. Anything else in your mind ?

Srini, which function amongst MIP are you concerinng ? Clarify that first, then I will make
an explicit reply on that. As I indicated many times, 802.21 should ba facilities along with
MIP. So, don't be biased to any specific protocol when talking about at least 802.21 stuff.

Thanks,

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.