Re: [802.21] Ad-hoc on ES/CS discussion

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 10:29:17AM -0800, Gupta, Vivek G wrote:
> [...]

In case the ACK itself is lost, the message which requested the ACK
will be simply retransmitted.  Of course we are not going to define a
full-fledged reliable transport within the MIH protocol.

Even if we consider L2 transport over a new Ethernet type, we would
face the same problem of "unnecessary retransmission of request that
has been received but taking time to process" if we don't have ACK in
the MIH protocol.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba