Candidacy for Vice-Chair position

 Folks,

I would like to announce my candidacy for the Vice-Chair position. My motivations are as follows:

Aside of its primary goal to address and tackle known technical issues, a successfull standard is also one driven by market and surrounding technologies evolution.

Market is governed by tendancies for services and technologies adoption and deployment.
Therefore on its way to Sponsor Ballot, .21 needs to make sure it constantly adresses the needs of relevant mobile services and deployed architectures.

Meanwhile,
3GPP is currently preparing evolutions of its mobility architectures. These include 802 systems. On a shorter timescale, IMS and Fixed Mobile Convergence arise as items of strong focus.
IETF is also working on new schemes for IP mobility support with several architectural implications
802.21 needs to adress the question of how relevant it is a standard with regards to the challenges of these evolutions as prepared by other SDOs.

On top of all, an appropriate organization of the Working Group is needed to adress this objectives.
I hope as a Vice-Chair to be able to work with the Chair towards steering the group into the direction that will make above challenges achievable.

Regards

Eric Njedjou
France Telecom