Vice Chair candidate

Title: Vice Chair candidate

Colleagues,

It has been a challenge and an honor to server as your Vice Chair. I will stand for re-election as Vice Chair in the March meeting.

In the short to medium term, I fully support the need to be successful with liaisons both within the 802 and with the IETF family, 3GPP, 3GPP2, FMCA and other groups. I will ask for more authority in the future to pursue the adoption of 802.21. I will pursue implementations and use of the technology in products.

I will help facilitate resolution, propose compromise, while encouraging 802.21 to take on the harder tasks that can add greatly needed standardization, despite the difficulties.

In the longer term, I will encourage the long term role of 802.21 in the evolution towards global heterogenous networks. I will push for development of standards for QoS and multi-access security to facilitate our goal of low latency seamless multi-technology handover.

Very Best Regards,
Michael G. Williams