RE: [802.21] Tomorrow's Telecon material

Hi Daniel,

"Mobility" means different things to different people. I believe there
will be no controversy when I capture IEEE 802.21 work in one statement
that MIH is a "mobility-aiding service" and not a replacement to current
"mobility management protocols".  This is also corroborated by the fact
that IEEE 802.21 does not address any framework or signaling for IP
address updates. Those functions are provided by IETF (e.g. MIP, HMIP)
etc. and generally, termed as "mobility management" . This functional
distinction is important and is also presented as design principles in
section 5.2 a) and f).

We may have veered off in the email discussion, let' bring it back to
whether there is need for "timely delivery of IS" or not.

Regards,
Srini