[802.3_100GEL] [802.3ck] max_wait_timer comment #18 on Agenda for 18 March telephonic meeting

Dear Colleagues,

There is a comment (#18) on the proposed agenda for the 18 March 2020 telephonic meeting to set the max_wait_timer value.  The max_wait_timer value is currently TBD in Draft 1.1.    The proposed response suggests a value of 15 seconds as the first choice or 10 seconds as the second choice.

Knowing that there are likely to be strong opinions on the topic and limited time for discussion on the call, I wanted to kick off the conversation on the reflector in order to better understand the thoughts of the participants on this subject.

Questions and thoughts for consideration are, but not limited to:

Hopefully we can work towards a consensus solution in advance of the meeting.

With regards,
-Kent