From: pat_thaler@agilent.com [mailto:pat_thaler@agilent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 1:04 PM
To: btolley@cisco.com; bradley.booth@intel.com; stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [10GBASE-T] Proposed modification to PAR scope

Bruce,

I support the change. The current scope is too wide open with respect to the type of PHY being defined. Almost anything, e.g. a 100 MHz PHY for coaxial cable, would fit within "to add a copper Physical Layer (PHY) specification." Tweaking the text to make the intended direction more clear is very appropriate. If there is a specific point in Howard's suggestion that you feel is too limiting, then suggest an alternative.

Regards,
Pat