From: stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG [mailto:stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Brett McClellan
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:34 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GBT] Functional block diagram

Sanjay,

I'm wondering whether the 1000BASE-T diagram is the right starting point. Perhaps We should start with the clause 48 or 49 diagram and build on that.
Otherwise, your diagram need the following revisions:

- XGMII interface should be: TX_CLK, TXD<31:0>, TXC<3:0> and RX_CLK, RXD<31:0>,RXC<3:0>
- remove: COL, TX_EN, TX_ER, RX_DV, RX_ER, CRS (actually the entire carrier sense block should be removed)

Brett