[10GBT] Digital Transmit Filter for the PAM-8 Proposal

Hi Sailesh,

    After reviewing Sanjay's latest proposal-details spreadsheet, I noticed the PAM-8 proposal still includes a digital transmit filter. The symbol rate has been updated to 952.381 MHz. Last month, you indicated on the reflector that you were considering "co-opting the fine transmit filtering method proposed in powell_1_0704.pdf to use in a PAM8 system - I think it's about time I take something from Scott, for a change :-)." The PAM-10 proposals have left the digital transmit filter as TBD pending more EMI data.

    Have you made a decision concerning the digital transmit filter for your PAM-8 proposal?

            Regards,
            Frank McCarthy
            Principal Engineer
            Teranetics, Inc