Re: [8023-10GEPON] FEC Framing Adhoc - upstream synchronization

All,

I appreciate Frank initiating the FEC synchronization discussion.

While I agree with all the issues he outlined, I want to note that burst
synchronization and FEC delineation are physical layer problems. We should
not try to solve physical layer problems using MAC or MAC control sublayers.
I don't think that using a special leader frame is a reasonable solution.

Attached is an alternative proposal. Please, review and hopefully we can
discuss this during the call as well.

Glen

upstream_sync_v02.pdf