Re: [8023-10GEPON] [FEC Superating] - kickoff preso

Frank,

> Just as a for-example, the 11.049 GHz happens to be 15/14ths of
10.3125.

I calculate that 15/14ths of 10.3125 is equal
11.049107142857142857142857142857...

Is this a problem? Should super-rating employ additional rate adaptation
mechanism to make it a "nice" number?

For example, inserting one extra block every 1875 blocks will bring the
rate up to 11.055.

Glen

Of
> course how easy or difficult it is to do that depends both on the
> dividability of  the downstream frequency by 1.25 Ghz and also on the
> jitter of the downstream signal.
>
> 11.25 Ghz (rather than 11.049 GHz) would be fine.  Can XFI/SPI
components
> go that fast?
>
> - Jeff

Dividers
> and PLLs do a fine job of inter-converting them.  One is not much
harder
> than the other, unless we choose a poor frequency for the
super-rating.