Re: [8023-10GEPON] [PMD Naming Conventions] Proposal for Simplex PMD Names

Wael,
Only to provide a shorter crisper naming convention.  Also I think it is
more intuitive if all the rate fields are in the same base (how would
10G/1000BASE look much less 10G/10G/1000BASE) ?
Thanks for the input.
Duane

Wael Diab wrote:
>  Hi Duane
>
> You have certainly embarked on a difficult task with the naming.
>
> I havent gone through the proposal in detail, but I did have a quick
> question: Is there any reason to move away from the 1000BASE convention
> to 1GBASE convention.
>
> Thanx
> Wael

begin:vcard
fn:Duane R. Remein
n:Remein;Duane R.
org:Alcatel-Lucent;Systems Engineering
adr;dom:;;2301 Sugar Bush Rd.;Raleigh;NC;27613
email;internet:duane.remein@alcatel-lucent.com
tel;work:919 850 6458
url:http://www.alcate.com
version:2.1